I tend to make sweeping generalizations in my posts, usually for simplicity (but sometimes just for spite). However, in this case I’m going to declare it 100% justified when I say that Trump has played the biggest part in the three scariest threats (in my opinion) we face in this raging American dumpster fire: distrust in democracy, an out-of-control virus, and sharply-divided citizens.
Isn’t this just ridiculous Trump-bashing hyperbole? Isn’t this stretching things just a little? Nope. Not one goddamn bit. In fact, if you’ve been paying close attention these past few years, most of the worst things happening in America at this moment can be directly traced to Trump and his steaming turd of a legacy. Let’s take a look!
Again and again he has proven himself to be pathologically dishonest, craven, selfish, power-mad, self-absorbed, misogynistic, thin-skinned, racist, self-aggrandizing, greedy, abusive, manipulative, attention-seeking, petty, simple-minded, and many other terms we attribute to the absolute worst aspects of humanity. That’s just a scientific fact. What should scare everyone shitless is that he has convinced his followers that it’s acceptable to be exactly the same way. He’s given his GOP toadies and other conservative pigfuckers permission to be a complete and utter shitbags, just like he is. And boy, have they taken up the “I’m A Massive Asshole” flag and run with it! The lawbreaking and ethics-stomping done by his administration is widely-documented and legendary for its disdain for the rule of law.
Where has this gotten us? Well, our democracy is a hair away from total collapse, hundreds of thousands have died needlessly, and our society is polarized in ways we never could have imagined before. Trump has done his very best to turn us into a banana republic…and like everything else he’s touched, even that was a failure in the end (though just barely).
It’s actually kind of impressive in a fucked-up sort of way. I mean, when he was “elected” I knew things were going to get bad, but I thought his fellow Republicunts would keep him in line. You know…follow the law and all that. Boy, was I wrong about that! I should have known better. If there’s one thing Republicans do better than Democrats, it’s sticking together as a united front no matter how dangerous their policies are. Democrats would rather fight amongst themselves instead of getting anything done (I’m looking at you, Sen. Joe “Roadblock To Progress” Manchin.) But I digress…
There are many, many factors I’m basing my Blame Trump theory on, but here are some of the highlights:
- First, the obvious one: mobs of drooling MAGAts stormed the Capitol and actually tried to overthrow our government, some of whom were helped by GOP traitors
- Lots of people are distrusting any news that doesn’t come from Russia-friendly propagandist outlets like Fox News and OAN
- Republican officeholders all over the country are working hard to overturn fair elections in Trump’s favor with ZERO evidence
- Gullible asshats have been getting suckered in by QAnon fantasies and conspiracies, to the point where they’re becoming dangerous. Did you read about the conspiracy nutjob who killed his children with a spear gun because he thought they were turning into lizard people?
- Trump’s operatives have been installed at every level of government, many of them replacing lifelong exerts of sensitive and complex issues who were driven out
- Spineless Republicans scrambled to defend Trump during his TWO impeachment hearings like baby swine fightin’ for a teat
- Many conservative voters now believe that democracy itself doesn’t actually work, because of Trump’s evidence-free election lies
- Trump’s cronies were subpoenaed many times for information about his various potential crimes and ethics breaches, and most of them just ignored it. Who ignores subpoenas?? Do our laws mean nothing?
- MAGAts have a deep distrust of any well-educated expert (mostly scientists) who gives an opinion they don’t like
- Thousands of people are dying daily because they think vaccinations are evil (and the coronavirus is just “the flu”)
- Republicans are passing a massive number of bills to make it harder for certain groups of people (hint: they aren’t white) to vote
- Churches are righteously declaring lockdowns to be “anti-Christian”, and defiantly holding services mask-free for the ones who are still alive
- Actual adults are throwing tantrums in public places when they’re expected to wear a mask
- GOP governors are refusing to order mask mandates when all their states’ hospitals are overflowing with dying children
- We have to deal with potato-faced attention whore Marjorie Taylor Greene and her desperate, batshit-crazy antics
- Matt Gaetz and his sex-trafficking — need I say more?
- Megachurches holding mask-free superspreader events, essentially ensuring that lockdowns will continue (which they will continue to bitch about)
- Groups of white-power terrorists roaming the streets with idiotic names like Proud Boys and Boogaloo Boys — essentially just a bunch of sloppily-dressed Nazi cosplayers with big guns and itty-bitty dicks
In a nutshell, Trump and his ass-licking wannabes in the GOP have succeeded in turning an entire segment of the American population into anti-America, anti-democracy troglodytes who shun science, common sense, and the very concept of facts. He’s basically created a cult of imbecilic twats. Hell, even a survivor of Jonestown says so.
Yes, some of this stuff was happening in various forms before Trump came along. For example, we’ve always had these militia crazies with rifles who fancy themselves as America’s last defense against tyranny (or whatever the fuck they’re afraid of). But Trump game along and publicly praised them. He called them good people and said he loves them. He refused to condemn any of their actions, even when their actions led to death and destruction. He gave them a sort of demented legitimacy…and that’s a perfect example of why I lay the blame for a lot of America’s problems squarely at his stupid orange feet.
I was so very much hoping Trump would wither away and slink back into the sewer that spawned him after he lost the election. Unfortunately he’s inspired many nutjob Republicans to take his corruption and Constitution-stomping to the next level, and now we have 2022 and 2024 to deal with. This shit is never gonna end.
Have great day!