Valkor sent this one in, saying, “I happen to be a Christian, but these people are an embarrassment. Complaining about Grease as a school play??”
Wow, he’s right. If school administrators (often known to be overpaid and out-of-touch compared to their teachers) can’t handle drama, maybe they oughta get rid of the drama club. The high school administrators in Fulton, MO can’t even handle the play “Grease” because of all the smoking, drinking, and kissing, so it’s no wonder they had problems with “The Crucible” and Shakespeare. Their drama teacher resigned rather than letting himself get fired, which was probably a smart move.
What a shame that those kids won’t get a chance to see something thought-provoking like “The Crucible.” However, I’d like to make some family-friendly suggestions that this school’s administration may approve of:
- “Tiddlykins and the Wacky Wiggly Woo-Woo”
- “Bozo Goes to Bible College”
- “Hoo-Hah! A Patriotic Comedy”
- “The Adventures of Kooky Karla in the Land of Smooshy Gumdrops”
- “Poopsie the Dog Rolls Over for Master”
- “The Boy who Thought Too Much”
- “Reefer Madness”
Any other suggestions??